YMCA East Surrey’s Children’s Services operate with the following aims to ensure that through our work with children each child:
- Will be respected as an individual, listened to, have their feelings respected and opinions valued.
- Has access to stimulating fun and creative activities, supporting and encouraging each child’s individual stage of physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth.
- Is given the opportunity to make new friends, discover new skills, realise their full potential and develop confidence and positive image.
- Will be welcomed into a safe, secure environment with a happy, friendly atmosphere.
- Will be cared for by experienced and skilled staff who understand and value the needs of children.
- Will be given praise, encouragement and the opportunity to succeed in an environment where positive behaviour is promoted and self discipline is encouraged.
- Will be encouraged to show consideration and respect for each other, staff members and the environment.
‘The setting provides a fully inclusive environment, where children’s individual needs are highlighted and met. Children play happily and are contented in the fun atmosphere created by the enthusiastic staffing team, who fully engage with the children in their chosen activities. Good quality policies and procedures ensures that children are safeguarded at all times’
YMCA Sports and Community Centre, Redhill – Registration no. 122628
YMCA Sovereign Centre, Reigate – Registration no. EY407384
YMCA Banstead Children’s Centre – Registration no. EY352067
Policies and Procedures
Please click on the links below to view the policies and procedures we operate by.
- Accident and incident record policy
- Administration of medication
- Admission policy
- Arrival and departure policy
- Behavior management
- Bullying policy
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Children’s activities
- Concerns, compliments and complaints policy
- Confidentiality policy
- Data protection for Children’s Services
- Data protection for Children and Young People with disabilities
- Disposal of nappies, aprons and gloves
- Equal opportunities
- Food and drink
- Fire policy
- Healthy eating
- Illness and injury
- Inclusion additional needs
- Lost or missing child
- Non-collection of child
- Operational procedure for outings
- Settling in
- Short Breaks dates and booking procedure
- Unsupervised children
Find out more
For more information about our policies or to discuss further, please contact our Head of Children’s Services.
T 01737 779979