Can you lend a hand? Become a Volunteer!
Learn new skills, meet new friends and make a difference in your local community.
Volunteering gives you the chance to choose the kind of community you want to live in. By volunteering with YMCA East Surrey, you can be part of something bigger than yourself whilst enhancing your CV or university application to make it stand out from the crowd!
Thanks to the ongoing commitment from our dedicated volunteers, we are able to support and help local children, young people and adults who are vulnerable or disadvantaged. Our volunteering opportunities are rich in variety and cater for all interests and skills.
Access our volunteer portal for existing and new volunteers
“Volunteering opened up so many opportunities and gave me personal and practical skills. I recommend volunteering to anyone.”
Volunteer drop-in sessions
Learn more about the YMCA’s volunteering opportunities and receive training in areas like safeguarding, disability awareness and much more.
YMCA Sovereign Centre, Slipshatch Road, Reigate RH2 8HA
We will also be at the Reigate College careers fair on 23 February 2017 between 10.00am – 5.00pm
For further details, please contact Nicole Tootill.
T 01737 222859
Volunteering with us is a great way to share and learn new skills, as well as build new friendships. There are many benefits to volunteering, from knowing that you’re making a contribution to your local community, to enhancing your CV, university application and job prospects. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with us. You can help with:
- Children’s services – support children aged 4-11 by engaging them in a range of activities
- Surestart centre – offering services to children under the age of 5 and their families in Banstead
- Youth services – help young people aged 14+ to develop skills and build independence through sports, leisure and vocational activities
- Disability services for families – with children, teenagers and families
- Disability services for young adults – sport related activities for young adults with disabilities
- Fundraising & Challenges – local events or a physical endurance challenge
- Sport and Fitness – helping others participate in sporting activities or become a walk leader
- Corporate Volunteering day – get your staff involved in a project helping the local community.
Board of Management
Our board is responsible for the governance of YMCA East Surrey and meets regularly to discuss a wide range of matters, including the charity’s vision, mission and strategic direction. If you are interested in joining our board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a work experience placement?
Looking to complete a work experience through the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme, school or college? If you are aged 16 years + and are interested in completing your hours within children’s services, disability provision or youth work, we can support you with your placement across YMCA East Surrey.
We offer all volunteers free induction training to ensure you will get the most out of your volunteering experience. Training will help you to learn key skills and gain a better understanding of disabilities, safeguarding and health and safety. Volunteers at the YMCA are highly valued and their training, development and welfare is taken extremely seriously.
- Priority booking onto free accredited training courses such as First Aid and Sports Leadership
- Paid travel expenses
- Free YMCA gym and fitness class tokens
- Regular social events
- References supplied
- Time bank credit scheme.
Find out more
Complete a volunteer application form
Please note this link will take you to our volunteer portal at myvolunteerpage.com
To find out more about volunteering or work experience placements, please contact Nicole Tootill.
T 01737 222859
YMCA Sovereign Centre, Slipshatch Road, Reigate, RH2 8HA