Please note the YMCA Sovereign Centre is temporarily closed until further notice.
The YMCA Sovereign Centre in Reigate is our dedicated centre for children and young people. The centre provides excellent facilities which are purpose built, particularly to cater for our expanding services for children and young people with complex needs and disabilities.
Monday to Friday | 08:30-21:00
Saturday | 08:30-17:30
Sunday | 08:30-17:30
The 430 and 435 buses (operated by Metrobus) stop in South Park, opposite Slipshatch Road. Metrobus have added an ‘alight here’ announcement to this stop, saying ‘Next stop, Slipshatch Road. Alight here for YMCA Sovereign Centre’. You will see the YMCA Sovereign Centre on your right hand side.
The 424 bus (operated by Southdown) stops at Hitchings Way. From here it is a short walk along Sandcross Lane and then turn left down Slipshatch Road to find the YMCA Sovereign Centre on your right.
The nearest stations are Reigate (2.1 miles by car), Earlswood (2 miles by car) and Redhill (2.7 miles by car). Please check the National Rail website for up-to-date journey information.
From the A217, turn on to Prices Lane. Follow the road for 0.4 miles and then turn left onto Sandcross Lane and immediately right onto Slipshatch Road. The YMCA Sovereign Centre is on your right and there is free parking available onsite.
Activities at the centre
- YMCA Sovereign Pre-School is open term-time for children aged 2-5 years.
- Y-Tots under 5’s activities run during the term-time for children and their families.
- Yippee is our weekend and holiday short break playscheme for children with disabilities aged 5-11.
- Children’s Parties can be booked on Sundays throughout the year.
- Face2Face our befriending project for parents with a child diagnosed with a disability.
- Yip4Youth is our weekend, after school and holiday leisure short break scheme for young people with disabilities aged 12-18 years.
- YmmmCA Café is open every Thursday lunchtime during term time.
- Youth Services run a range of activities for local young people from sports to arts, multi-media to general social activities.
The YMCA Sovereign Centre offers several multi-purpose rooms, a sports hall, outside play area, soft play and sensory rooms for private use, as well as a dojo and availability of kitchen hire. Many of the rooms are specially designed for people with disabilities.
Local sports clubs can utilise the large sports hall for a variety of different activities, such as badminton, gymnastics, along with the use of the dojo for Tae Kwon-do and Judo clubs.
We are keen to support smaller organisations and rates can be flexible to accommodate requirements.