- Choose a walk that’s suitable for your needs
- There is no need to book in advance
- Just turn up on the day! (Please try and get to the starting point 10 minutes before the walk starts)
Walks are free, but voluntary donations
are welcome! We would suggest
an annual sum of £10.00.
All walks are risk assessed and led by trained volunteer walk leaders. We encourage walkers to set their own pace. Participants walk at their own pace.
Benefits of joining a walking group
- Walking is the easiest form of exercise for all ages
- Walking is free
- Walking doesn’t require expensive equipment
- Walking is sociable and a great way to meet new people
- Walking can improve weight management, mental wellbeing, balance and coordination
- Walking can reduce risks of heart disease, osteoporosis, strokes and colon cancer
What to wear
- Footwear – You don’t need expensive walking boots, but it can be muddy at times, so wear something suitable for the conditions.
- Rain gear – When necessary, bring a waterproof jacket or an umbrella.