Free guided walks for all in East Surrey
Ever feel like it’d be nice to get out and about more often? Get a little more fresh air in your lungs? Be a bit more active?
Walking is the perfect solution – it’s easy to start, you don’t need any special equipment, and can improve your health and happiness.View our walks programme
New walk on Fridays from YMCA East Surrey
Join our new 30-40 minute walk on Fridays at 10:30 from YMCA Sports & Community Centre, RH1 6JJ.
Joining is easy
- Choose a walk that’s suitable for your needs
- There is no need to book in advance
- Just turn up on the day! (Please try and get to the starting point 10 minutes before the walk starts)
Walks are free, but voluntary donations
are welcome! We would suggest
an annual sum of £10.00.
The benefits of joining a walking group
- Walking is the easiest form of exercise for all ages
- Walking is free
- Walking doesn’t require expensive equipment
- Walking is sociable and a great way to meet new people
Walking can improve
- Weight management
- Balance and coordination
- Mental wellbeing
Walking can reduce risks of:
- Heart disease
- Colon cancer
What to wear
Footwear – You don’t need expensive walking boots, but it can be muddy at times, so wear something suitable for the conditions.
Rain gear – When necessary, bring a waterproof jacket or an umbrella.
All walks are risk assessed and led by trained volunteer walk leaders. We encourage walkers to set their own pace. Participants walk at their own pace.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about East Surrey Walking for Health and find out how to join, please contact our Walks Coordinator.
T 01737 779979 ext 230