We’ve put together our Top Tips to help you make your fundraising as successful and fun as possible. Sponsor forms are just one way you can raise money to support our work with disadvantaged adults and children in the community.
Here are a few ideas that could increase the amount you raise and also make your fundraising lots of fun for everyone involved.
- Get your friends and family to write their sponsorship amount on the sponsorship form first – they tend to be the most generous and they set the standard for everyone who sees the form after them.
- Asking people to give you the money straight away saves a lot of time after the event. Also, always carry change with you – that way, people can’t claim not to have the right money on them!
- Create your very own fundraising webpage. Simply go to JustGiving.com today and follow the instructions to set up your page. Then share your fundrasiing link on social media and your contacts so they can donate online at the click of a button.
- Please read the Gift Aid note on the sponsor form. If your sponsor is eligible, all they need to do is tick the Gift Aid it box on the form and include their full name and home address. This allows us to claim Gift Aid, which will increase the value of the donation by 25% at no extra cost to your sponsor.
- Why not send an article and photo to your staff newspaper or newsletter. Make sure you’ve included details of how to sponsor you.
- It is always worth approaching your work colleagues, your employer and any local companies you might have links with, for donations or to ask them to run a fundraising event on your behalf. Another good way to get support from work colleagues is organise a dress down day, sell cakes or run a sweepstake for a big event.
- If your employer is a member of a matched giving scheme, why not ask them to match the amount you have raised.
- Organise fun events with friends and family that will raise money as well as getting people together, try a quiz night, cake sale or car boot sale!
- Have a good clearout and use websites such as eBay to sell your unwanted items (maybe some of last year’s Christmas presents!) and donate all funds direct to YMCA East Surrey.
You are part of an exclusive team who are helping disadvantaged children and adults in the community. Feel free to get in touch to find out more about our charitable work – check out our website or come and visit us for yourselves. The more you know, the more you can let people know how you will be making a difference to someone’s life. Never hesitate to ask us questions, we are here to help you every step of the way.
Don’t forget, whatever challenge you have chosen, you are putting the effort in. Whenever or whoever you approach for sponsorship, be proud of what you will achieve and remember why you are doing it.
Never lose sight of the personal goal you are striving for and the lives you will change forever with every penny you raise – thank you!