COVID-19 Risk Assessment
Our Short Breaks risk assessment set out the steps that we have taken to ensure our settings are safe and COVID-secure.
View the risk assessment on our Children’s Charter and Policies page
Yip4Youth is YMCA East Surrey’s fun and friendly youth club, weekend and school holiday scheme for disabled young people aged 12-18 running across East Surrey and West Sussex.
Yip4Youth ensures that disabled young people can meet up with friends and try out new activities in a safe and friendly environment. Yip4Youth provides age-appropriate youth-led activities for teenagers, supported by our qualified and experienced staff.
Yip4Youth means our daughter has some time to enjoy herself and have fun in a safe inclusive environment. We also have the peace of mind that her needs are catered for and that she will be cared for excellently. In a nut shell it means the world to us.
Activities are chosen by the young people and aim to promote social interaction, whilst building confidence and independence. Each session is based around a particular theme, with structured activities planned to reflect this.
Yip4Youth also runs regular trips out into the community, allowing young people to develop new skills and experience a range of activities. Trips include farm visits, swimming, the cinema and trips to London. During these trips, young people are encouraged to develop and use everyday skills, such as asking and paying for items, to develop their independence.
YMCA East Surrey has a non-exclusion policy and will never turn away a child whatever his or her needs. We aim to ensure each child:
- Will be respected as an individual, listened to, have their feelings respected and opinions valued
- Has access to stimulating fun and creative activities, supporting and encouraging each child’s individual stage of physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth.
- Is given the opportunity to make new friends, discover new skills, realise their full potential and develop confidence and positive image
- Will be welcomed into a safe, secure environment with a happy, friendly atmosphere
- Will be cared for by experienced and skilled staff that understand and value the needs of children
- Will be given praise, encouragement and the opportunity to succeed in an environment where positive behaviour is promoted and self-discipline is encouraged
- Will be encouraged to show consideration and respect for each other, staff members and the environment
On all our schemes, we reserve 40% of spaces for children and young people who require 1:1 support and schemes are fully inclusive and can accommodate all special educational needs and disabilities. These schemes are open to all Surrey residents.
A daytime session is £22.
We are able to provide financial support to attend our Short Breaks sessions for any families who may struggle financially.
Find out more about our 1,000 Days of Play funding
Find out more
To register, we ask that you complete a care plan and arrange a time to meet us. To find out more about Yip4Youth, please contact our Short Breaks team or fill out a Short Breaks enquiry form.
If you have any feedback on our Children’s Services, please print off a feedback postcard and send back to us.