Transforming lives in East Surrey
YMCA East Surrey is a vibrant charity that has been actively supporting the local community since 1871. We help people to believe in themselves, support them to achieve their goals and inspire them to be the best they can be by providing services that focus on those who are vulnerable, have a disability or face disadvantage.
Our three core areas of work are:
Our most recent Impact Report highlights our work through the stories of just some of the people who have used our services throughout East Surrey.
Read some of the Real Stories of people that we have the privilege to work with or watch our video below.
Our mission and values
YMCA East Surrey’s mission is to provide opportunities for people to develop to their full potential with a focus on children and young people and those who are
vulnerable, have a disability or face disadvantage.
YMCA East Surrey helps people to live their lives to the full by offering activities, services and support that:
- Help people stay safe
- Improve people’s health and wellbeing
- Help people to belong, contribute and thrive
- Help people find their voice
The YMCA movement is built on Christian values. YMCA East Surrey and its services are driven by the following principles:
- Passion and commitment – caring deeply about delivering our mission.
- Quality – striving for excellence in all we do.
- Person-centred – responding to local need and building on the strengths of service users.
- Inclusivity – being affordable and accessible to everyone regardless of their income levels or abilities.
- Equality and Diversity – recognising that we work in diverse communities and that reflecting this in our staff, volunteers and services strengthens them all.
- Voluntary service – encouraging voluntary action to support people’s personal development and to achieve more for our service users.
- Partnership – working collaboratively with partners who are aiming to achieve similar outcomes.
- Innovation and Development – finding creative solutions and developing our services so that more people can benefit.
- Financial sustainability – finding a balance between fundraised income, contract income and income from fees to ensure services can continue effectively.
We’ve been independently assessed by the British Assessment Bureau against internationally recognised ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management standards showing our commitment to quality and assurance.