YMCA East Surrey aims to ensure each child:
- Will be respected as an individual, listened to, have their feelings respected and opinions valued
- Has access to stimulating fun and creative activities, supporting and encouraging each child’s individual stage of physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth
- Is given the opportunity to make new friends, discover new skills, realise their full potential and develop confidence and positive image
- Will be welcomed into a safe, secure environment with a happy, friendly atmosphere
- Will be cared for by experienced and skilled staff that understand and value the needs of children
- Will be given praise, encouragement and the opportunity to succeed in an environment where positive behaviour is promoted and self-discipline is encouraged
- Will be encouraged to show consideration and respect for each other, staff members and the environment.
Staff value children's thoughts and opinions greatly. They always listen to children's ideas and skillfully help children to recognise that opinions differ.
Children learn to respect the views of their friends. Children demonstrate that they feel safe, secure and happy. They confidently communicate with the staff, who they form lovely relationships with. Children play and explore intently.
Ofsted report 2020 | Y-Kids, Redhill
Y-Kids, Redhill | Ofsted registration no. 122628
Yippee Club, Reigate | Ofsted registration no. EY407384
YMCA Sovereign Pre-school | Ofsted registration no. EY492198
YMCA Merstham Hub Pre-school | Ofsted registration no. EY557339
Children's policies and procedures
Please click on the links below to view some of the policies and procedures we operate by.
- Admissions policy
- Anti-bullying policy
- Arrival, departure and non-attendance policy
- Behaviour management policy
- Complex health needs policy
- Complaints policy
- Confidentiality policy
- Healthy eating, food and drink policy
- Illness and injury policy
- Inclusion policy
- Medication policy
- Non-collection of child policy
- Safeguarding children policy
- Settling in policy
COVID-19 Risk Assessments
These risk assessments set out the steps that we will take when re-opening our services. The information contained in these assessments is subject to change dependent on government guidance and other external factors.
- After School Club COVID-19 risk assessment
- Holiday Club COVID-19 risk assessment
- Earlswood Football Holiday Camp COVID-19 risk assessment
- Creche COVID-19 risk assessment
- Pre-school (Sovereign) COVID-19 risk assessment
- Pre-school (Merstham) COVID-19 risk assessment
- Recreational Sports COVID-19 risk assessment
- Short Breaks COVID-19 risk assessment
Find out more
For more information about our policies or to discuss further, please contact our Head of Children & Young People.