Sign up at: www.ramblers.org.uk
- Choose a walk that’s suitable for your needs
- No need to book in advance, just turn up on the day (please try and get to the starting point 10 minutes before the walk starts)
- Walks are free, but voluntary donations are welcome.
- If necessary, please speak to a healthcare professional before increasing your activity levels.
Our walks are free, but we rely on donations to keep our programme going. If you are able to donate, we would be very grateful.
Donations can be made using Just Giving. Go to www.justgiving.com/campaign/walkingforhealth
You can also add Gift Aid to your donation at this point. By adding Gift Aid to your donation (UK taxpayers only), we receive an extra 25p for every £1 donated and it doesn’t cost you any extra.
Important - Communications
In order for us to streamline our processes and to keep members informed about activities, it is vital for us to obtain as many member email addresses as possible. If you haven’t yet provided us with your email address, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear form you.
We would also be grateful if you’d let us know of any changes to your contact details.
Changes and cancellations to any walks will also be announced out the Walk timetable section of our website.
Benefits of joining a walking group
- Walking is the easiest form of exercise for all ages
- Walking is free
- Walking doesn’t require expensive equipment
- Walking is sociable and a great way to meet new people
- Walking can improve weight management, mental wellbeing, balance and coordination
- Walking can reduce risks of heart disease, osteoporosis, strokes and certain cancers
- Walking can help manage your asthma and is linked to a lower risk of developing diabetes (in high-risk individuals)
What to wear
- Footwear – You don’t need expensive walking boots, but it can be muddy at times, so wear something suitable for the conditions.
- Rain gear – When necessary, bring a waterproof jacket or an umbrella.