YMCA Fun Run and Sports Festival
Sunday 2 May 2021 | Priory Park, Reigate
With a choice of 5 and 1 mile fun runs and taster sessions and demonstrations from local sports clubs – this is a perfect family day out for everyone to enjoy and try something new.
If you had previously booked your place on the 2020 Fun Run, you will have received an email outlining your options. If you haven’t received this, please email email@example.com.
The YMCA Fun Run has races for adults and children of all abilities. The main aim is participation and we would like as many families as possible to join in on the day, whatever your fitness level!
The adult 5 mile race follows a loop on local lanes whilst the adult and junior 1 mile fun runs stay within the grounds of the beautiful Priory Park in Reigate. All participants receive an exclusive YMCA race t-shirt and commemorative medal.
There will be a range of food and drinks stalls as well as bouncy castle, face painting and an inflatable obstacle course to burn off more energy. The Sports Festival welcomes lots of community sports club who will be offering free tasters of plenty of sports. The central arena will host displays from local dance and gymnastics groups. Don’t forget to collect your activity passport on the day – get stamps for trying out activities for a free go on the inflatable obstacle course!
Race times and costs
(age on race day)
|Race start||Online entry||On the day entry|
|Adult 5 Mile||Age 16+||10:30||£18*||£22|
|Adult 1 Mile||Age 16+||11:30||£13*||£17|
|Junior U16 1 Mile||Age 12-15||12:00||£8*||£12|
|Junior U12 1 Mile||Age 10-11||12:30||£8*||£12|
|Junior U10 1 Mile||Age 8-9||13:00||£8*||£12|
|Junior U8 1 Mile||Age 6-7||13:30||£8*||£12|
|Junior U6 1 Mile||Age 4**-5||14:00||£8*||£12|
*A small booking fee charged by Results Base will be added at the checkout.
** Minimum age – children must be age 4 or above on race day.
- Entry price includes your bespoke race t-shirt, and medal.
- You are welcome to run with your child in their race if you wish. You do not need to register yourself separately if you are running with your child as you will not need a race number to accompany them on the course.
- Online entries will close at midnight on Friday 20 April 2021.
- There will be limited entries on the day although we strongly advise people to book in advance to take advantage of the online entry price and to avoid disappointment.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your race and 20 minutes if you are collecting your race number.
Prizes will be awarded to all race winners with ALL participants receiving a bespoke YMCA East Surrey Race T-shirt and commemorative medal.
First three males and first three females past the post in each race receive a prize, as well as prizes for first over 40, over 50 and over 60 in the adult races.
Best fancy dress
We will also be giving out prizes to the best fancy dress in each race. So get creative and colourful with your outfits for the day to catch our judge’s eye and put the fun into run!
Priory Park, Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7RL
View on Google Maps
All races will be chip timed and a link to the results will be published on this page on race day. Please note that results are provided by Results Base and will be searchable by race number, name or club. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your results to be displayed (or update the privacy settings in your Results Base profile).
Photographs taken during the race may be used on our website, advertising material and media reports. Please contact email@example.com if you do not wish your photographs to be used in this way. All competitors should wear their race bib when participating, so they can be identified for photographic permission.
Fundraising - change a child's life in East Surrey!
Whilst there is no fundraising target for this event, we would ask that you consider fundraising to help change a child’s life in East Surrey.
All money raised from our 2021 challenge events will go towards our new Life Change Fund. This fund will be dedicated to supporting children and young people in the local community to access new opportunities and grow as individuals. Here are just a few of the ways this new fund will help:
- Supporting young people in our supported housing projects with job applications or to access full-time education.
- Providing financial support to families who need it so children can access our fantastic children’s playschemes and disability short breaks.
- Funding youth clubs and support groups for young people to meet peers in a safe space
- And much more…
Any amount you can raise will help to change a life for a local child/young person in the local area, so please consider fundraising for us.
Find out more
A huge thank you to our sponsors for supporting the YMCA Fun Run.