Become a walk leader and enjoy helping people get the benefits of regular walking. We are looking for people who:
- Are committed
- Are available for a half day training session
- Are available to lead, or assist on, walks on a regular basis
- Are easily contactable and who can keep up regular communication with the scheme coordinator
In order to lead walks you would ideally possess the following characteristics, skills and qualities which are particularly valuable as a Walk Leader:
- Strong people skills
- Sociable and reliable
- Able to empathise with walkers and with an awareness of their range of capabilities
- An awareness of not just the physical, but the social and environmental reasons for walking
- An understanding of how to pace a walk to benefit all
- A reasonable level of fitness
There are a number of ways in which volunteers can lead, with a degree of flexibility if necessary.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a walk leader, please contact Julie Haslett or complete and return a walk leader application form.
Ramblers Wellbeing Walks
YMCA East Surrey, Princes Road, Redhill, RH1 6JJ